Flats Fishing Full Day
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye
Flats Fishing - USING FLY ROD AND/OR SPINNING ROD
Pole along the shallow, calm waters experiencing the ultimate in sport fishing. Explore the endless turtle grass flats, searching for the mighty Tarpon, invisible Bonefish, and the ever-elusive Permit. New to Fly Fishing? No Problem! Our guides are masters and have initiated many anglers into the art of Fly Fishing. Don’t want to learn how to fly fish? Not a problem! Our guides can take spinning gear for you.
Flats Fishing – Full Day (7 Hours)
Nov. 15, 2020 to Nov 14, 2021: $495 USD
Nov. 15, 2021 to Nov 14, 2022: $560 USD
Flats Fishing for bone fish – Half Day (4 Hours)
Nov. 15, 2020 to Nov 14, 2021: $395 USD
Nov. 15, 2021 to Nov 14, 2022: $460 USD
Permit Fish season(migrating) is from February to May, Local (small) Permit are available all year round.
Tarpon season (migrating) is from May to September, local (small) Tarpon are available all year round
Bone fish is available all year round.
Fly Casting Lesson
If you are new to fly fishing or would like to sharpen your salt water casting, fly casting lessons are available upon request. Fly casting lesson are done at GoFish Belize Office.
Nov. 15, 2020 to Nov 14, 2021: 1 hour for $60 USD
Nov. 15, 2021 to Nov 14, 2022: 1 hour for $80 USD
- The boat will take 1 or 2 passengers only.
- Only 1 angler can fish at a time.
- Pickup time is at 7AM but can be changed if needed.
- Full days are 7 hours, half days are 4.5 hours including pickup and drop off time.
- Fishing licenses can be purchased at www.coastalzonebelize.org
- Permit season(migrating) is from February to May, Local (small) Permit are available all year round.
- Tarpon season (migrating) is from May to September, local (small) Tarpon are available all year round
- Bone fish is available all year round.
- Charter includes all fishing gear and refreshments (soda, water and ice).
- You will need to bring your lunch for full day charters, we can also arrange a pack lunch.
- You are welcome to bring alcoholic beverage if you choose or we can provide at an additional cost.
- Free pick-up and drop-off by boat at your TGS accommodation with a dock. Starting at five miles north (Matachica Resort) to the furthest point south on the beachfront (east side).
- If you are staying between five and seven miles north (beachfront) of San Pedro Town, there is a transportation fee of $30 USD roundtrip per boat. If you are staying on the lagoon side or more than seven miles north, please contact us for pick-up options.
- We recommend you take a face covering (mandatory), polarized sunglasses (brown or amber lens for flats, grey lens for reef and deep-sea), long sleeve light colored shirt, hat, eco-friendly, sunscreen, mobile phone (camera), towel, light raincoat, snacks, lunch, beverages (additional). Gratuity is appreciated, usually 20% (sealed in a Ziploc bag).
20% per charter or full payment (if less than 30 days) is required to confirm charter(s). We accept VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover and PayPal. Credit Cards are charged in Belize dollars and may incur conversion and transaction fees. Paypal is charges in US dollars.
Cancellation made 30+ days prior to charter date is 100% refundable but subject to a $50US cancellation fee. Cancellation made 14 days prior to trip date is 50% refundable. All cancellation made less than 14 days are non-refundable. All cancellation must be made in writing by email. Cancellation due to COVID-19 situation please contact us.
CANCELLATION DUE TO WEATHER
No one can predict the weather so if we have to cancel due to weather or fault of our own we will try our best to reschedule the charter if not there is a full refund.